Regular readers, friends, and neighbors with thin windows know all too well my fondness for The Who. I’m just a couple of years too young to have seen them when Moon the Loon was still alive, but I did manage to see them before Entwistle went out in majestic rock star fashion.
But this is special. Quadrophenia played live in its entirety? I’m there; in fact, I’m third row there. These guys aren’t getting any younger and Pete is always getting deafer — it’s worth it to spring for the good seats for what will likely be my last ever Who show.
Do you plan on going? Do you like to write? Get in touch – I’m interested in posting guest reviews from around the country. Tickets are available from Ticketmaster. Here are the tour dates:
- Nov 01: BankAtlantic Center, Sunrise, FL
- Nov 03: Amway Center, Orlando, FL
- Nov 05: The Arena at Gwinnett Center, Duluth, GA
- Nov 08: Bi-Lo Center, Greenville, SC
- Nov 09: Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, NC
- Nov 11: CONSOL Energy Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Nov 13: Verizon Center, Washington , DC
- Nov 14: Barclays Center, New York, NY
- Nov 16: TD Garden, Boston, MA
- Nov 20: Bell Center, Montreal, QC
- Nov 21: Scotiabank Place, Ottawa, ON
- Nov 23: Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON
- Nov 24: Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI
- Nov 27: Target Center, Minneapolis, MN
- Nov 29: Allstate Arena, Rosemont, IL
- Dec 02: Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN
- Dec 05: Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
- Dec 06: Prudential Center, Newark, NJ
- Dec 08: Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Dec 09: Mohegan Sun Resort and Casino, Uncasville, CT
- Jan 28: Honda Center, Anaheim, CA
- Jan 30: STAPLES Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Feb 01: Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA
- Feb 02: Reno Events Center, Reno, NV
- Feb 05: Valley View Casino Center, San Diego, CA
- Feb 06: Jobing.com Arena, Glendale, AZ
- Feb 08: The Joint, Las Vegas, NV
- Feb 12: Pepsi Center, Denver, CO
- Feb 14: BOK Center, Tulsa, OK
- Feb 16:1111 KFC Yum! Center, Louisville, KY
- Feb 17: Schottenstein Center, Columbus, OH
- Feb 19: Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, ON
- Feb 21: Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY
- Feb 22: Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ
- Feb 24: Verizon Wireless Arena, Manchester, NH
- Feb 26: Dunkin’ Donuts Center, Providence, RI
And hey, since you’re here why not read some groovy Who pieces?
On My Turntable: Quadrophenia: The Director’s Cut
50. The Punk and the Godfather (Why It Matters Revisited)
Categories: news/tour dates
Well, you know where I am going to be.
It’s weird, sometimes I wake up in the morning and my first thought is, “No WAY, John Entwhistle is DEAD?”
For all of my thirty-six years of frantic Who mania, I have never seen them live.
When I was 17 years old I took my best friend Lali to the Nuart theater on Santa Monica Bl. for a midnight showing of “The Kids Are Alright” – when we got out, she was giddy and excited and confessed that she had a huge crush on Keith Moon. I had to tell her that he was dead, and she plopped herself down on the curb of eerie quiet 2 a.m. Santa Monica Bl. and just cried her eyes out.
It’s going to be quite a rollercoaster, this show. I am very excited and a touch wary of just how many memories are going to manage to pick the lock of the box they have been buried in.
Save that juice for your super fantastic Why It Matters guest write-up of your chosen Who show. It’s going to be a good one!
Yessir! Will do! Thank god I have a bright sixteen-year-old on board. 🙂
I am a Who fan. Unfortunately, never seen them live. They did tour here a few years ago and came to where I live, but I was out of the city. Destined to cross in the night. 🙂
I managed to get to the Quadrophenia tour a few weeks ago. It did not disappoint. They are getting on a bit, but a brilliant show so if this is their last tour, what a way to finish 🙂